Wednesday 11 January 2012

Glasgow parkrun #155

Results | Garmin Data

Happy New Year!

As I was on week #3 of my marathon training plan I wanted to try and get in 10 miles today so figured I'd run down to the start (3 miles), race (3 miles) then get in an easy 4 miles. Worked fairly well in that I was only 6 seconds off my parkrun PB but I felt really slow and tired after the first lap.

I matched fellow harrier Mark Paterson's speed on the first lap until the Glade at which point I either slowed or he pushed on. Got a lift from coaches Tony and Iain at the triangle going into the second lap but the focus had gone, a couple of guys went past at 4k including Bellahouston Roadrunner Scott Kennedy.

I finished in 18:20 in 13th position. Will try again next Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment