Thursday 12 January 2012

The Big 40

I was born on January 13th, 1972.

I turn 40 tomorrow.

I thought this would be a moment of profound stock-taking but as everyone says "40 is the new 30" - and, since 30 is the new 20, and 20 the new 10, I feel pretty young. I did make couple of lists though.

7 THINGS I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE ACHIEVED BY 40 BUT DIDN'T
Six-pack stomach
Learn to sail
Learn to play an instrument
Read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Lord of the Rings
Live in Vancouver
Get married
Successfully deployed a full beard

7 THINGS I HAVE ACHIEVED BY 40 BUT DIDN'T EXPECT
Found the right girl, online
Get a proper job
Run a marathon
Maintain close ties with my school mates
Hitchhike for many years without fear
Fly over Rio on a hang-glider
Become a father to two beautiful girls

2 comments:

  1. Pure poetry! Life seems pretty good. Happy birthday! (you old fart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey whatta great blog. You first, I turn 40 Sept 2013. here is my blog. http://running.gotop100.com/in.php?ref=273
    You look like you have amazing opportunity for picturesque runs, seriously drooling here! So great you have great times (PRs) too.

    ReplyDelete