Saturday 15 September 2012

Only 16 days left..




The organisers of the Berlin marathon have setup a giant screen at kilometre 34 on Olivaer Platz, on which your family and friends can post a short personal message that is displayed when you pass by, activated by your chip.

Only two messages per athlete so I've asked my wonderful girlfriend and best mate to come up with something.

This was Alex's reply to my request.

"Bloody hell mate, what an honour. My immediate thought was come up with something really deep and inspirational that would motivate you to power through that last 10k, but then I realised that that could actually slow you down as you tried to decipher my message... So I just went with

'Walshy, you'd better be running fast as fu*k'

I reckon that oughta do it, eh?
"

He promises he'll come up with something better for the actual message, but hopes I remember what the true meaning of the message is when I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment