Saturday 23 June 2012

Hill climb


Breakfast tables - Loggos harbour, Paxos, Greece

There are many amazing things I remember about backpacking around the Greek islands 20 years ago so it was really exciting to return last week with Rosie, Holly, Hannah and my parents. Beautiful clear waters, empty beaches and ouzo all still present and correct.

I took my basic running kit with me and slinged into the back of the hire car every other day before we explored or relaxed on pebbly beaches.

When it was time to head back to the villa I would decline the lift and run back. The islands only 12 miles long, how hard could it be? Very. Relentless evening sun beating down and gradients to make the eyes water. This particulair run went from sea level to 517 feet in a 1.4 miles! Big fresh water pool at the end though, amaaaaazing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog :-) Hope the marathon training is going well.

    ReplyDelete