Tuesday 23 August 2011

Park Run #135

Results | Garmin Data

No long run this morning so I took part my 16th parkrun. Lovely sunny morning so rode the bike down to the park, locked it up and warmed up with 2x1k loops on part of the route. Got chatting to Paul from circuits before making my way over to the start line.


After the race briefing it was the usual fast start which bottlenecks on the first corner before settling down after the first climb. I caught up with Mark Paterson of the Bella Harriers by this point and stayed with him until he pushed on from 3k. Managed to hold it together for the next loop myself but by the time I got to the final climb I was tired. I heard Matt Brown shout "only a minute to go Cris!" from the trees which picked me up so kicked from the top of the hill all the way down to the finish line 200m away. Final time 18:19 and a new parkrun pb.

No comments:

Post a Comment