Wednesday 9 November 2011

Parkrun #145

Results | Garmin Data | Photos
I got up early on Saturday 5th November with the plan of running 10 miles but got side tracked by a 3 year old demanding breakfast and attention. Realising time was slipping away I binned the 10 miler in favour of a quicker 5k parkrun in Pollok Country Park. 

Lots of people had the same idea as they was a great turnout of 300+ runners. Just time for a quick hello to friends before the race gets underway. I kept George Taylor (Giffnock North) in my sights for the first 2km but couldn't really get close to him. Chris Devine (Garscube Harriers) and I run together until the last hill when he kicks past me, ah well. 

I finished 8th in 18:14. 






The start












Battling with Chris Devine

He won

No comments:

Post a Comment