Friday 1 November 2013

Summer Summary


Post London Marathon I raced 10ks, getting my time down to 34.20 by the end of June. During July and August I hit a wee purple patch winning the Tour of the Clydeside series, 2nd in the Mull half, 5th V40 in the British Masters 10k Champs, 2nd in Irvine 10k and 8th in Paisley 10k (33:55). The highlight of summer was being selected for Scotland in the Masters International in November.
Tour of the Clydeside

Mull half marathon




British Masters 10k champs - 5th V40


Team Bella at Irvine 10k

Paisley 10k
Unfortunately the year wasn't to end on a high. I picked up an injury training for Cardiff which ruled out the Great Scottish Run, the Southside Six and my chance to race for Scotland. All was not lost as Holly won her first race, the wee Nessie 5k in Inverness.


Holly wins the wee Nessie race

Couple of videos I made during the GSR weekend.

Great Scottish Run - 10k from Crispin Walsh on Vimeo.


Great Scottish Run 2013 - Half Marathon from Crispin Walsh on Vimeo.

Now back on track and training for a sub 2:37 in London. 



No comments:

Post a Comment